NextgenID focuses on improving the efficiency and speed of mission critical, high assurance identity enrollment and credentialing operations that are essential to hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
Our technologies are engineered to dramatically reduce the time and cost of capturing accurate data when creating a digital identity. Our industry-neutral solutions revolve around “Supervised Remote In-Person Proofing” to automatically, securely and “remotely” perform all proofing, enrollment and credentialing processes and workflows for our customers. The industry is taking notice as we are now working with some of the largest agencies in the US Defense, intelligence, Civil, State and Local government markets, as well as other national governments and commercial organizations throughout the world.
Established in 2005, NextgenID is a globally leading provider of trusted Identity, Credentialing and Access Manage (ICAM) solutions. The company is privately held with our headquarters located in Fairfax, Virginia and R&D/Manufacturing operations in San Antonio, Texas. NextgenID is a major contributor to the NIST SP 800-63-3 for high assurance (IAL3) which is now an industry standard.
This job is based in San Antonio TX, USA
Position is Full-time
We are looking for a Hardware Engineer to develop, design, and install hardware components for electrical for biometric identity enrollment kiosks
- Design and oversee the production of computer hardware equipment.
- Test and re-test parts to ensure they work properly.
- Identify and isolate defects.
- Design and develop the software systems that control computers.
- Design and test circuits and other electronic components.
- Test work and refine processes.
- Integrate components into the final design.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Use computers extensively to produce and analyze designs.
- Generate specifications for parts.
- Control the efficiency of processes.
- Supervise technicians and other engineers during development phase.
- Build, test and modify product prototypes.
- Analyze information and recommend appropriate hardware to users.
- Design support peripherals, including central processing units (CPUs), support logic, microprocessors, custom integrated circuits, and printers and disk drives.
- Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
- Retrieve data for analysis of system capabilities.
We look for:
- Experience in working with kiosk design and manufacturing
- Master’s degree in Engineering.
- Proven track record of ideation and innovating exceptional products across many different product lines, while motivating others to act by creating a shared sense of vision or purpose.
- Understanding of doing business in all major countries around the globe.
- Ability to be an action-oriented leader who drives results.
- Excellent coaching, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude, creating commitment toward success with teams and peers.
To Apply for this post, please send you resume along with a cover letter to Jobs@NextgenID.com
- Competitive Salary
- Health insurance
- 401(k) plan with a great employer match
- Flexible holidays
- Paid parental leave