NextgenID focuses on improving the efficiency and speed of mission critical, high assurance identity enrollment and credentialing operations that are essential to hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
Our technologies are engineered to dramatically reduce the time and cost of capturing accurate data when creating a digital identity. Our industry-neutral solutions revolve around “Supervised Remote-Identity Proofing” to automatically, securely and “remotely” perform all proofing, enrollment and credentialing processes and workflows for our customers. The industry is taking notice as we are now working with some of the largest agencies in the US Defense, intelligence, Civil, State and Local government markets, as well as other national governments and commercial organizations throughout the world.
Established in 2005, NextgenID is a globally leading provider of trusted Identity, Credentialing and Access Manage (ICAM) solutions. The company is privately held with our headquarters located in Fairfax, Virginia and R&D/Manufacturing operations in San Antonio, Texas. NextgenID is a major contributor to the NIST SP 800-63-3 for high assurance (IAL3) which is now an industry standard.
Job Type & Requisitions
Systems Engineering Department
DMV (D.C., Maryland, Virginia) On-site and Remote
Must be a U.S. citizen with current COVID Vaccination
Position is Full-time. Scheduled weekly hours 40-50 hours
Travel required 10-30%
- At NextgenID we are looking for a Software Architect for our Engineering Team who supports the client by providing architectural direction for NextgenID products and the customer’s portfolio of products supported across a major enterprise. This position will focus on the required architecture and technical roadmap to help ours and the customer’s suite of products
- The Software Architect will be responsible for establishing and implementing the architectural standards, policies, and procedures for all the customer's applications
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Familiarity with Government’s procedures and requirements for HSPD-12, knowledge about Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM), PIV (Personal Identity Verification) integration, Biometrics, smart cards, and Credential Management System (CMS)
- Familiarity designing and working with disaster recovery, high availability architectures, leveraging clustering and global load balancing to achieve redundancy across disparate data sites
- Determine the system architecture to be used for each application with consideration given to such things as centralized versus decentralized servers, use of service-oriented architecture (SOA), designing nonfunctional elements of each system, e.g., response time, system availability, backup requirements, and interface needs
- Assess and meet the security standards of each application, familiarity working with credential management is preferred
- Define, implement, and document the solutions architecture roadmap, designs, procedures, standards, and metrics; and ensure compliance and conformity of software architecture and technology standards
- Define, implement, and document the framework for system architecture design, software design and development, IT security, and performance testing platforms
- Improving, continually, the solutions architecture process or code development efficiency through effective leadership, individual and group training, and process improvement
Qualifications & Requirements
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, or other related scientific or technical discipline is required
- Position requires 6 to 8 years of relevant experience supporting projects of similar size, scope, and complexity, experience can be substituted for education
- Proven hardware device integration experience is preferred
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server, and design/architectural patterns, familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC, WCF)
- Prior experience with biometric devices and algorithms is a plus
All NextgenID employees must be fully vaccinated, and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement and must have an approved exemption before the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt NextgenID's vaccination policy. NextgenID is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
To Apply for this post, please send your resume to Jobs@NextgenID.com
- Fast growing Company with an exhilarating performance record
- Competitive compensation package
- Full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), HSA
- 401(k), PTO, and Employee Stock Options Awards